The aims of the GSPA are:
- To promote closer links between families of pupils and Giggleswick School
- To organise social events for the benefit of families of pupils at Giggleswick School
- From time to time to arrange events involving the wider Giggleswick School community
- To provide public support to Giggleswick School in every way possible
- To disburse monies for projects which provide amenities which might otherwise not be funded from Giggleswick School funds
- To provide information to families about any of the foregoing Aims of the Association
Giggleswick School Parents Association (GSPA) was newly established for the 2013/14 School year – its predecessor was the hugely successful Giggleswick Junior School Parents’ Association.
Its aim is to provide a community for parents through its social events and activities whilst at the same time raising funds for the benefit of the school and more directly its pupils. Income which the GSPA raises is used to provide equipment and activities for pupils over and above that which the school would be expected to provide from fees.
The GSPA also seeks to raise money for local and national charities through its larger events – most recently it donated £1,500 to the local Cave Rescue Organisation through funds raised at the 2016 Alpine Ball. All parents are automatically members of the Parents Association. Meetings of the elected members of the Parents Association are held every Friday morning of Exeat and all parents are welcome to attend.
We do hope that you will join in and enjoy the many activities that we organise over the School year.