Resident Theatre Practitioner
Closing date: Friday 12 May 2017
Giggleswick School is seeking to appoint a Theatre Practitioner for a one-year residency with effect from September 2017.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, flexible theatre maker to develop their skills working with 11-18 year olds in a fast-paced, innovative, professional and supportive environment.
You will support the curricular and co-curricular work of the department, helping to inspire and deliver a range of creative activities and shows: a willingness to contribute to all aspects of theatre production is essential. This is a residential post and includes some evening and weekend duties within a boarding house for those suited to a boarding role.
There are many reasons for applying for this residency. The post can be an excellent springboard for anybody thinking about teaching as a career, or it is a good opportunity to focus on developing a range of Theatre Practitioner skills.
In addition to the above we also offer;
- A salary of £12,000 per annum which is inclusive of 5.6 weeks’ annual holiday pay
- A self-contained flat is provided rent free within a boarding house for those willing to undertake boarding duties otherwise assistance with accommodation may be available
- Lunches will be provided free of charge during term time
- High quality working environment in a beautiful 215-acre campus
- Free access to on-site facilities, including gym, sports courts and swimming pool
Giggleswick School is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with the school’s Child Protection Policy at all times.