School operation during COVID-19
Giggleswick School confirms that it has complied with the Government’s guidelines in managing the risk of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here through our Joint Consultative Committee.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19 secure workplace or work from home where that is possible in a school environment.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the school.
- Where pupils and staff cannot keep 2m apart we have ensured at least a 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
- We have informed parents about the full range of measures we have taken to enable them to assist in implementing them.
The following sites have been used as a reference points in order to enable the School to manage the risks associated with COVID-19 in line with the latest guidance available:
- Boarding Schools Association, range of documents available
- BSA Covid Safe Charter
- Isolation for residential educational settings
- Government Guidance - Coronavirus (COVID-19) implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings
Our Safe at Giggleswick document provides information about the COVID-safe measures at Giggleswick School.
A full risk assessment has been prepared and is available on request from the Bursar.