The Giggleswick Award
‘Ambition, Respect and Participation’ is at the heart of our new award launched to reward the all-round achievements of our pupils. The Giggleswick Award recognises each child’s efforts in the classroom, their academic progress and their participation and development in co-curriculum activities.
All Upper Key Stage 2 children take part Giggleswick Foundation Award which fully embodies our aims and values. The Award accredits pupils for their participation, efforts and ambition focusing on the areas of academic, CAS (Creative, Active, Service) and enrichment.
The Award is calculated using a number of key areas:
- Scores achieved in Pupil Progress Reports,
- Number of House Credits achieved each term,
- Number of Values Awards achieved each term for Participation, Respect, Ambition and Service,
- Gradings for half-termly independent research projects
- Commitment to reading,
- Participation in residential experiences and successes in outside school commitments,
- Positions of responsibility and commitment to service at school and in the community.
The Giggleswick Award is presented at the end of Year 6 at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels.